Friday, May 13, 2011

I'm still alive!

I meant to update my blog two days ago, only to find out that blogger was down, and last night I had a concert that distracted me ;)

I've spent the last week on the verge of a burnout for a variety of different reasons, some personal, some related to school. I'm happy to report that the crisis has been averted, mostly because our concert last night countered a lot of doubt that was starting to creep into my thought processes. For example, I kept putting in my daily hours of practicing, then going to ensembles and getting chopped out before the end of rehearsal. Not that this is logical, but I kept wondering if I actually was building endurance. Plus, add to that how ridiculously boring it is to do the same things every day in the practice room for a week at a time. Well, it paid off!

As is my normal routine for concert days, I got a good night's sleep, got up, had breakfast, then had a nice and easy warm-up. That half an hour was the only time I touched my horn until the sound check. We got to the concert and I made sure to pace myself through all the pieces, knowing that 1812 Overture was the finale and I basically don't rest in it at all. I'm happy to report that I wasn't even close to chopping out at the end of that concert! The only sore part of me was my left arm from not setting down my horn for an hour. :P

I'm so glad that so much stress has been thrown away, and I can be back to "normal" again. Now just three more weeks, and I'll get to let my brain ooze out my left ear for the next four months. Hooray. (<--sarcasm) I'm not worried about anything that's coming up these next few weeks either, since the worst of all my classes happened around midterms. Thank God, I've survived another year of college!!!

Thanks to everyone who's been reading my blog. You guys are great and it makes me feel very encouraged that so many people care enough to take time out of their days to read my odd babbling about this crazy twisted set of tubes.

~Allie

No comments: