Monday, June 10, 2013

The first day of being a college graduate

It's been a strangely normal morning. I went to work, I got off of work, and now I'm back in my apartment. I have a list of things to do as long as my arm.

But it's not the same.

I gave a final hug to one friend who I won't get to see until she's able to come visit me in Switzerland (or until next summer when I come home to work. Whichever comes first). I got off of work when I normally would have been in my psych class. I realized that the likelihood of my friends coming in to see me at work has suddenly diminished a ton. I have boxes to pack, and a heavy heart realizing that this is the closing of a major chapter in my life.

It's not all sad. I am really excited that I get to put everything in place to allow me to go to a foreign country for grad school. I don't have to deal with the sudden loss of school, because I know that I get to go back, and several weeks earlier than I previously have. I have two jobs, and both are giving me a decent chunk of the hours I need to make the money I'll need. I have family taking time to tell me they love me and that they're proud of me.

Perhaps it will be less strange as the day goes on. I certainly hope that I stop feeling like I might just cry because I don't know how to react to all of these emotions washing over me.

I'm feeling tons of emotions, but most of all, I miss you, friends!


The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

No comments: