Monday, June 17, 2013

Still alive!

...and so incredibly busy. I'm still not working as many hours as I want to, but after pulling 49 hours of work last week, and hoping to put in another 56 or so this week, I'm feeling content that I'm getting somewhere. Now if I could just get a few hours where I'm not exhausted to go practice, that would be awesome.

Amazingly, I've officially pulled off a full week without a day off, and am also working this week without any days off. It's kind of thrilling working this hard, though I can't wait to start getting paychecks that back it up.

I'm communicating with most people via text and facebook these days as well, considering there's no telling when I'll actually be available to hang out. All the packing I was doing has come to a standstill for a few days, but I think I'll have time on Wednesday to get some serious work done. I'm pretty sure I may start sleeping with my planner in my arms soon, just so if I wake up from some nightmare about not knowing my schedule, I can reassure myself that I do have everything planned out two weeks in advance.

Well, except for my birthday. It's coming in two and a half weeks, and I have no idea what I want to do, if anything at all. The problem with having a summer birthday: there's no time to stop and celebrate! (Especially if you also include other people in your plans.)

I wish I had interesting anecdotes in this blog, but I think we'll just have to sum it up as "Allie's busy...really, really busy."

Let's make grad school a reality, one insane workweek at a time!

~Allison

No comments: