Friday, March 5, 2010

Back to blogging

I'm just finishing up winter quarter here at school, and it's been a trip. There's a lot I'm still getting used to, like actually learning how to study and balance my time, but overall I love it.

A wonderful experience today: the sun is sort of out (as much as it ever is here) and it's really warm, so instead of going into a building to study and check my email, I decided to stay outside in the sun and the warmth. It's not just the warmth that makes this so great; there are seagulls overhead yelling at each other. Just a friendly reminder that I'm near an ocean, and I love it! I can't see the ocean, yet I'm within 5 or 10 miles of it, and every once in a while I can smell it. That's my favorite :)

I don't ever want to leave this moment, yet I'm going to have to eventually. Maybe I'll find a way to duplicate these conditions sometime, as the year goes on and the sun keeps coming out more. For March, the weather is awesome, and I hope it won't end.

I miss my family and friends from home right now. Part of this weather reminds me of playing (or attempting to play) wallball during lunch in the last few weeks before I graduated. Spring break is soon, and I need to figure out my plans for the nearly two weeks I have off. I hope the sun is out and beautiful back home like it is here so I can get some sunbathing time (well, without the swimsuit...it's still way too cold for that!)

More coming later (I hope),
~Allie

No comments: