Sunday, March 14, 2010

Avatar, Art and ADD

Yes, I'm posting a blog to distract myself from studying for a minute. I realized that when you start reading your art history textbook so fast that you're getting your periods and artists mixed up, you need a break. I've spent this weekend mostly just chilling with my roommate and my boyfriend (and other various friends), studying, and filling out job applications. It feels like it's been an efficient weekend, but then I remember that finals start tomorrow and I panic. The soundtrack from Avatar has been helping me through a lot of the reading where I need to concentrate but can't stand the consistent humming noises from the lights and refrigerators in my dorm room. I also can't stand the library because of how frighteningly quiet it is, so I've avoided it when hunting for places to study. My dorm room seems to be the best contender, if I just ban myself from my computer for 45 minutes at a time. That's about how long I can concentrate on one thing :P

I'm very ready for spring break, but just like Christmas break I don't really know what I'm going to do with myself without being here at school. I feel out of place at home since the world has moved on since I was there. None the less, I'll be glad to have a break from SPU and the food they serve in Gwinn. Don't get me wrong, it's not cruddy food; you just get tired of it after months of eating nothing but similar dishes.

None the less, after this somewhat short update, I'm getting back to studying...see you all on the other side!
~Allie

No comments: