Sunday, April 4, 2010

You are number (2) in queue.

Yes, my friends, this is how I'm spending my Easter evening. Waiting for a Dell representative to talk to me (again) to hopefully give me a new AC adapter as mine is fraying and only sporadically charging my poor laptop. But first, of course, I have to overcome the issue of not knowing (or being able to find, apparently) my service tag. I am properly amused by their fill-in-the-blank responses. You know that first part in Up where Russell starts reading to Mr. Fredricksen out of the Wildness Explorer handbook? Yeah, it's something like that.

Well, anyway, Dustin came to give me a hand while talking to the Dell person and finding all the information I needed, so life is considerably better. (This has become a two-day blog post, as I forgot to come back and finish it last night.) I applied for a ton of jobs last night. Craigslist is a very helpful tool, and I finally got around to updating my resume thanks to the incessant need for it. I think I now have over 10 applications put in with businesses around Seattle (most of which either in Fremont/Queen Anne/Ballard or Downtown. I figure that I'd do best looking for jobs that are only one bus ride away with minimal walking.

Mondays are FULL of stuff to do. I had classes from 8 AM to 1:30 PM, then a nice break before Brass Choir at 4:30. I didn't find it too hard to concentrate, though having to get that much homework prepped for the first day of the week kind of sucks, I'll admit. All of my classes went smoothly, and my solo for the April 29th concert is coming along beautifully. I can't wait to work with the accompanist, but I am glad that I'm fixing the last of the kinks with Rodger right now. My fingers are crossed for a great performance!

I'm off to keep working on getting my homework done.
TTFN!
~Allie

No comments: