Sunday, March 3, 2013

Sometimes a change in plans is necessary

For the majority of you out there who didn't know, I'm typing this from my apartment in Seattle. Meaning I didn't go to New York for grad auditions. Now, before you fall out of your chair (or, if you have, please take this moment to get back in it), let me explain that the decision to cancel this trip wasn't as hasty as you're probably thinking it was.

The truth is, I'm 99% sure I know where I'm going to grad school, and it's neither of the schools I would have been auditioning for. Money also got tight all of a sudden due to a missing paycheck, so I basically would have gotten there, paid for my hostel, and not eaten for a week. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but I took a decent amount of time working it out logically, with a couple awesome people helping bounce ideas back at me over a couple days, and the best solution was to cancel the trip, and get stuff done here at home.

I'm not ready to explain everything about my plans for grad school yet. Those who have heard the news could tell you that it's pretty exciting, but I want to make sure that things are settled and better planned out than they are at this moment. (To be perfectly honest, things will be up in the air most likely until mid to late April, so don't hold your breath!)

Also, I wanted you to know, I do adore you all. It's been a rough couple of months, and I know I haven't always been the cheeriest person on the planet. Things are getting much better now, and I hope that my love of life and all of its offerings continues to re-surge.

Allison

No comments: