Friday, November 15, 2013

The ups and downs we face

I have exciting news to share:

For the first time in a long while, I am completely out of credit card debt! I was worried that I wouldn't have my debt paid off before student loans kick into gear in January, but at least the most expensive layer of it has been! (I still have money owed for my horn, but that's a manageable amount) I also am proud to report that I cut up the card that has cost me the most money over the last couple years.

The unfortunate other side of the coin is that I just found out what my medical bills will be for an uninsured visit to the ER a couple weeks ago. I'm hoping and praying that there will be financial aid available, and a decent payment plan. Otherwise I will most definitely need to defer loan payments for a few months while I figure this all out.

Have I mentioned adulthood is hard?

~Allison

1 comment:

Jean M. Ward said...

Yes, hospitals have payment plans because my stepson had an unpaid hospital bill and he was set up on one that was commensurate to what he could afford so no worries for you! Congrats on getting rid of your credit card debt and for cutting up the card! Adulthood is indeed HARD! LOL