Saturday, July 16, 2011

Summer update number...two?

So, yeah...I know...you're all sitting there, enjoying your summer, not being asked to do anything that might use brain power, and now I'm posting this hoping you'll read it. Well, don't worry, there's not a whole ton to say (I mean, it's summer, what kind of drama could there be, right?).

Well, anyway, I'm still living with my aunt and uncle, who just took off for their last big trip of the summer, so I'm on Baxter-duty again. Not the worst place to be, even without a real job. I have some other pet sitting jobs lined up for the next couple weeks after they come home as well, so I'm not completely screwed. I'm very happy to know that I am blessed enough to have a roof over my head, food to eat, and even means to pay for my trip and the few bills I have to pay. My family has taken excellent care of me, and I am incredibly grateful.

I got to go to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter, which was excellent, I might add. I was glad to have to opportunity to go to my first midnight premiere, though to be perfectly honest, the havoc it wreaked upon my sleep schedule wasn't really fun. For that reason, I may resume simply going to see the movies a few days after they come out.

James left for Arizona almost a week and a half ago, meaning only a week left and I get to see his face again! For a lot of different reasons, we've been running just on phone calls, rather than skyping. It's hard not seeing his face, but it makes me appreciate his voice way more than I typically do when he's around.

I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people around me. To all of you who have talked to me, taken care of me and loved me, thank you so much! I love you all :)

Allie

1 comment:

mom said...

They have provided a nice "safety net" for you. It is a huge blessing that not many people would offer to others.